Tuesday, March 8, 2022

March 8, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Serendipity.

Some times all the plans go awry but in the end, everything comes out better than anticated. Today was one of those days. My plan for the day was to take an excursion with Chris, my Lyft driver. We were to drive on back roads to Meridian, then have lunch at Wiedmans, an old New York style deli. It has been in business since 1970. I was concerned about the journey due to my heel. I am still limping. And I am using a walker at home. My legs are still not doing well either but I felt I could still take the trip, hanging onto the arm of Chris. And starting on Sunday afternoon, my stomach was upset so I was anxious about eating the food. But I was just prepared to eat bland food. So I was planning to go. At 8:30, Chris and I texted confirming the time. And I ask him to come to the door to get me to the car. And all was well. Next I got a text posponing the trip. Chris's car would not start. The trip was off. And I was relieved. At 11:00 the rains started, followed by thunder and lightning. We had a full blown storm. The rain came done heavily all afternoon with intermittant storms. Had we taked the journey we would hae been in the midst of a storn and downpour. We just got lucky. Serendipity in action.

No comments: