Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March 1, 20222. Madison, Mississippi. The Waffle House.

Never go into The Waffle House and order breakfast when you are very hungry. That is what happened to me on Monday, My PET scan was at 8:!5. Normally I have it at 7:00. I am not allowed to eat or drink from midnight. Kashina and I have gotten into the routine of going to The Waffle House for breakfast. It is in Ridgeland, very close to my home. This Monday, it was 10:30 before we walked into the reataurant. I had had no coffee and I had nothing to eat. I was famished. In addition, I had received 8 phone calls during the scan plus 5 text massages, so I needed to look at my phone, in addition to ordering breakfast. First I ordered coffee, then my food. Next I responded to my texts while Kashina was ordering her food. I vaguely heard waffle, which I discovered she had ordered a waffle for both of us. She told me that we could not eat breakfast at the Waffle House and not eat a waffle so I knew it was coming. I ate the whole thing. My breakfast was to be hash brown and a sandwich of sausage and eggs. It was delicious. Then I had to face the waffle, which I ate with no syrup, just butter. I only ate three quarters of the waffle. But I was stuffed. Next time, I am not going to order so much food. I like The Waffle House. From the outside it is still yellow but inside it is spiffy and shining with black and white tiles. They also have lots of staff so service is excellent. It was a busy place. But I ate too much. Next time I will try to remember. But I must confess that I enjoyed every bite.

No comments: