Wednesday, March 9, 2022

March 9, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Gifts.

Trying to give me a gift is almost impossible. I need nothing. My husband bought everything possible for the house. He believed in the concept that it was better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. So in our homes we always had everything in abundance. I have a closet full of clothes that I mosly do not wear so buying me clothes is difficult. So giving me a gift is not easy. But every so often someone hits the jackpot and I receive a gift that I did not think I needed but that I now use every day. And I love that gift. For Christmas, Christina gave me a blanket. On one side it is warm and fuzzy and the front side is a knitted fabric. It looks good. I put it into the TV room thinking that I could wrap myself to keep warm. Instead I use it every day. Some time before Christmas I started to use Ken's recliner to take my afternoon nap. I started using Ken's chair in Nova Scotia and it worked well so one day I wondered if the chair in Mississippi would do the same. Up until then, I never sat in Ken's chair. When I first began to use the chair I used a quilt to keep me warm, but after I received my new blanket I use it all the time. It is a perfect size and covers from my feet to my neck. And it is warm and cosy. If you had asked me whether or not I needed a cosy blanket I would have told you no. But I was wrong. I use it every day. And every day I say, "Thank you Christina."

No comments: