Saturday, March 5, 2022

March 5, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Tasks.

The number of tasks you are confronted with after returning from a long journey is overwhelming. Firstly, a travel day is tiring. I am not sure why, because all you do is sit, but a travel day wears you out. And it takes a day to recover. And then, if I am not careful, I get a bit frantic looking at all the tasks I am required to do. I try hard to only think of one thing at a time. This week, I have been successful with checking off my list of tasks. A week ago today was my first day at home. All morning I unpacked my belongings and put things away. Bethany and Gardener isolate here for ten days over Christmas. To protect the house from 4 year old Gardiner, Bethany moved a lot of things out of harms way, so I returned tham to their proper place. In the afternoon I opened the Christmas cards and sorted some of the mail. The next day I sorted the rest of the mail along with my magazines.. The rest of the week I had doctors appointments and luncheon appointments. My last big task I did today which was to sort all the important papers on my desk. Christina had carefully stacked the important tax papers on my desk along with all the copies for all my travel plans for this year and next. It took me until 2:00 for that task to be completed. Now next week I will take my documents to the CPA. They are almost ready to go. And I will take my pants to be altered. I also must get money from the bank. I have an appointment with my Opthamolgist monday morning so I hope to have Kashina drive me to get those tasks done. Also next week I must visit the Yacht Club to sign the contract for the December party. My ovens are still not installed so I must work on that. But I have done well with my tasks. My list will be complete. As they say in Nova Scotia, "That is some nice".

No comments: