Friday, March 18, 2022

March 18, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Physical Therapy.

Finally, I will begin physical therapy in my house. Today the supervisor came to interview me and he told me that Kim will start coming twice a week. Up intil now, I have never asked. It is available through Medicare for 16 weeks but until now I have never felt the need. I walked every day and did my little exercises daily but I decided that now was the time. I can not go to a gym because of my compromized immune system so having a therapist come to my house will be just the ticket. When Ken came home from Mexico after his illness, he had a physical therapist come three times a week. And after we came back from Nova Scotia he attended a clinic for Parkinson's patients. I never paid much attention to what the therapist did with Ken. I was actually not impressed with how much they worked with Ken. But he thought it helped. Now I will find out for myself. I have asked for physical therapy because my legs have gotten dramatically worse. I suspect they have been getting worse for a long time but the damaged tendon put me over the bend. My balance was even worse than before so I decided to ask my Onchologist to request therapy for me. And it has been approved. To keep me upright, I have been using a walker all the time. I have the bigger walker that has a seat, which I use for carrying my meals. And I use the small light weight walker the rest of the time. The old walker is much more study that the new three wheel walker so I must figure out which one to take with me on the cruise. So now I go to get myself more fit. Beginning on Tuesday, Kim will put me through my paces. I will have several weeks of therapy. Then I leave Mississippi. Here I go.

No comments: