Tuesday, March 22, 2022

March 22, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Television Personalities.

One of the advantages of getting old is that I get to watch the evolution of the television personalities. I have fun watching them pop up here and there. And I enjoy watching their success. I first spotted Katherine Tappitt on the hocky channel. When we moved to Mississippi in 2009, we had no television but that changed in 2014 when I was diagnosed with a recurrance of breat cancer. Son David, without asking, sent us a television set. In addition he ordered our cable subscition, which included every sports channel available. Soon we could watch as much hockey we we wanted. When I was too weary to go down the stairs, I listed to the games, because our bedroom was open to the living room, where Ken would be watching a hockey game. It was just like listening hockey games over the radio. Kathleen Tappitt was on the NHL channel. And she did well. Now I spot her all over the place. She interviews players during football games and I see her during college basketball games. She is having a successful career. And then there is Jesse Watters. I first noticed him years ago when he was working for Bill O'Reilly who was on Fox. Jesse interviewed people on the street, asking questions pertinent to the times. Most folks had no clue about the issues but Jesse played it straight and he did a good job. Then Bill got fired and I wondered what would happen to Jesse. Soon he popped up on The Five. He was not there every time but every so often I could see him. Then I would see him filling in for other programs. And he always did a good job. The truth is that my TV watching is spotty so do not really know how much Jesse is on TV. But I did know that for a year, he had his own show every Saturday night for an hour. But now I know for sure, because he has his own hour show at 6:00 called Prime Time With Jesse Watters. He has come a long way and I have enjoyed watching his journey of success.

No comments: