Saturday, March 26, 2022

March 26, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Physical Therapy.

Until now, I have never had physical therapy. But a few weeks ago, I decided that I was beginning to fall apart so I asked my Oncologist if I qualified for physical therapy in my house. My tendon was hurting and I was struggling to get enough walking. And my neuropothy legs had gotten dramatically worse. My legs probably got worse bit by bit but I only noticed when I hurt my Achilles tendon. My balance got worse so I started to use the walker. And I asked for physical therapy, which was approved. The supervisor came to the house last week and this week I began my treatments. The therapist will come twice a week until I leave for the summer. I know something about exercises. I taught phsical education and my Masters work was in Exercise Physiology/Kinesiology. The first time the lady came on Tuesday, I thought that her exercises were a bit whimpy. But the next day, my legs were sore so she was right to go slowly with me. My second day was Friday and my work was a bit more strenuous. Today my legs again were sore so something good is happening with my muscles. I will perform the exercises on Sunday too so I will have a workeout three times a week. I think I will be able to remember what we did. On Friday I had a different lady. Turns out she lives in my subdivision which makes it easy for her. She has asked to keep me as a patient and she will come on Tuesday and Thursday, probably at the end of her day, which will be fine with me. Now I am set to get myself fit. Finally.

No comments: