Tuesday, March 29, 2022

March 29, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. My Boot.

I do not like my boot. I wish I had never gone to The Mississippi Sports Medicine Clinic. But I did. And now for the next two weeks I must wear this boot which keeps my Achilles tendon from stretching. Truth be told, I should have asked for an appointment at the clinic when I first hurt it but I thought I could look after it myself. Eventually I made an appointment, which was this week on Monday. The Doctor told me I should have come in immediately. This sports medicine clinic is impressive. They have three offices: one in Jackson, one in Flowood and one in Madison. In each place they have a walk in emergency office. When Molly hurt her knee, Christina took her to the walk in clinic and in 10 minutes, the XRay was done which showed no broken bones. Two days later, Molly had an MRI and the next day Christina and Molly met with the doctor to map out a plan. Christina was pleased with the effeciency and the professionalism of the place. I agree. My Achillies was intact after an XRay was taken on Monday, although strands had been shred. And she said that my ankle eventually would heal but the boot will be faster because I am not stretching the tendon. So I am being a good patient and wearing my boot. Yesterday was difficult because it is big and I kept tripping. Today is better. The good part is that my tendon does not hurt. So here I go with my clunky boot. I do not like it but I am wearing it. For once, I am doing as I was told.

No comments: