Monday, March 14, 2022

March 14, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Bird Sounds.

I have friends who live alone and turn on their TV the minute they come home. They use the television for company. And I know friends and relatives to keep their radio on all the time playing classical music. Or they play from their thousands of CD's. In that instance, they are not looking for company but to hear good music. But in either instance, their home is not quiet, which is of course, the whole point. They do not wish to have a silent home so they hear either the television of music. But not me. I am odd but I prefer to have the house quiet because I like to hear what is going on outside my house. Here on the reservoir I hear the boats racing by and I try to figure out if the boat is small or large. And I can hear the fishermen talking sitting on their boat just close to our dock. Canada Geese come through town, honking all the way. I like to hear them come and stay a bit. Then I am happy to hear them as they wend their way north. I listen to other bird songs all day too. Some birds I recognize and some I do not but no matter, I love to hear them chirping or singing out. I can also hear when packages are left at the front door. I do use television for company and information but never do I have the set running all day. I like the house quiet so I can hear the sounds of the birds. Nifty to hear those tiny creatures who have just returned from far away lands. Now I need to gather more information about the different bird calls. My friend Alice Anne recognizes hundreds of different birds. But not me. I am not so clever.

No comments: