Thursday, March 3, 2022

March 3, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Passport renewal.

Ken has always attended to the renewal of our passports. My passport comes up for renewal in 2023. And you must have 6 months left on your passport in order to leave the country. In addition, the passport office was taking months for people to receive their new passport so I decided that I needed to apply for the renewal sooner than later. While I was away, Christina downloaded the application. And she filled it in for me. So on Sunday, after brunch, she helped me fill in all the blanks. And she even told me what to do with the application. Christina told me that a very nice lady at the main post office is able to check to be sure your application was complete and also would take my passport picture. And even though the on line instruction says to make an appointment, Christina suggested that if I arrived around 9:00, the nice lady would help me. My problem was getting there. Kashina was working both Monday and Wednesday but I had doctor appointments both days, so I asked if my Lyft driver, Chris, could drive me there and to stay with me to complete the process. This is certainly above and beyond the call of duty. And he did. He even took the application which was not in an envelope to the counter to pay my bill. Christina was correct. The lady has worked the passport sectiom of the downtown post office for 20 years. And she was there to help. All went well. I now have applied for the renewal of my US passport. And being totally optimistic, I applied for a 10 year renewal. The pleasant lady told me that I should receive it in April. Now I must repeat the process in Canada when I am in Nova Scotia this summer. It also expires in 2023. After I have both passports in hand, I will be ready to go!!

1 comment:

fatymayap said...

TITanium Iron Brushed Chrome & Steel G-Piece
› steel-brushed-chrome- › steel-brushed-chrome- 포커 TITanium Iron Brushed Chrome urban titanium metallic & Steel G-Piece titanium hammer is a black titanium wedding bands gold plated stainless steel G-Piece babyliss pro nano titanium curling iron Double Edge Safety Razor. Made in Germany and Malta. Rating: 3.5 5 reviews $49.00 In stock