Sunday, March 13, 2022

March 13, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Walkers.

I am now the proud owner of 4 walkers. Christina put together my 4th today. It is a walker with three wheels so it is ligh and easy to put in and out of the car. And it does not take as much room in the house too. So I like it. I saw frien Cliffie use a three wheel walker this summer and he also spoke well of the weight. Now I have my own three wheel walker. I still must keep a traditional walker in the house because I use the seat on the walker to carry my beverags and meals from one place to another. The three wheel walker has a bag so I could take things from one place to another but not a plate of food. I will use the new walker when I am going out. Tomorrow, Kashina and I have errands so I will take my new walker with me in the car. I might even keep it in the car. One week ago I started using a walker. Years ago, when I was taking the infusion chemotherapy, my legs were so weak that I used a walker. My first summer in Nova Scotia we had two walkers, one for me and one for Ken. But I got stronger that summer so stopped using the walker. Ken kept one walker on the second floor and one on the main so we still have 2 walkers in Nova Scotia. My legs have been unstable for a few years and many people have urged me to get back to a walker but I thought I could manage without it. But last Sunday I gave up being stubborn. The Achilles tendon issue and my unstable legs put me over the top. I was not safe walking alone so Christina brought a walker from the garage into the house last Sunday and I have been using one ever since. I suspect I will be using a walker for the rest of my life. In the garage can be found lots of devices used by Ken when he was infirm. As I get older, I suspect I will pick away and use stuff for myself. But at the moment, I am using a walker, which is a good thing. This light weight three wheel walker is nifty and I am happy to have it. I might even order a second. Who knows?

No comments: