Wednesday, May 10, 2023

May 10, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Portia and my Walker.

 Portia left at her usual 1:00.  She had just brought my lunch in the television room.  And she left.  It was not until after she left that I realized that both of my walkers were in the living room while I was in the television room all by my self.  Once in Mexico, Wonderful Wendy had moved my walker across the room where I could not get it.  But I knew Wendy would be coming back for lunch, so I just waited.  But I knew Portia would not be coming back until tomorrow, so I had to figure out how to get my walker.

I figured out that I could use the wall to get me to the door of the living room but there is about 10 feet from the door to the walker so I decided that was risky.  Next I decided to use a small chair that sits in the TV room where I could use it as a walker, just picking it up with each step.  Then Portia called and she suggested I call Chantes who had been working on the walkway.  He and his worker were in the garage having lunch.  He bailed me out and quickly came inside to bring me one of my walkers.  Poor Portia felt badly.  But all was well.  And I just laughed.

No comments: