Sunday, May 14, 2023

May 14, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. David N.

 I have been concerned.  I had my plane ticket to get me home from Nova Scotia but I had no one to accompany so I was going to be alone, which no one thought a good  idea.   I was supposed to take a cruise down the Atlantic coast but I cancelled it.  David was coming with me on that cruise so I wondered if he might like to come with me to Mississippi.  So I asked him just this week.  And he was delighted.  He has never been to Mississippi so he is looking forward to checking it out.  But he must tell me how long he wishes to stay so I can book his ticket.  Now I am relieved.

When I left Nova Scotia last September, David agreed to make some repairs to the deck.  George is too busy so David agreed to do the job.  But he has been busy and he procrastinates.  And he had no real deadline until now.  He has promised to make all the repairs before I arrive June 24.  I bet he completes the tasks the day before.  But I don't care.  I just want the deck safe and sound for the summer.

David is a very pleasant fellow.  On the cruise he was an excellent companion.  He can talk to anyone and he is friendly.  I think he will fit right in to Mississippi.  He is excited to be coming.   I am pleased with myself to have thought about him.  So we are set to fly September 30 to Mississippi.  And we will have fun.

No comments: