Friday, May 12, 2023

May 12, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Lunch With Donna.

Donna lives across the street.  And she is a good neighbor and friend.  But we do not see each other very often.  Her kitchen and family room are across the back of her house.  And her garage is at the back of the house off a little lane so I never see anyone come or go.  We make a date to have lunch every month.  This Wednesday we went to lunch.  And we had a good time.  The rules are set by me.  Donna drives  and I pay the bill.  Wednesday she picked me up at 12:30.  We always decide where we are going to dine while we are driving away.  This time we elected to go to a greek and seafood restaurant, Vasilesky.  I had gone there twice with friend Carie but I could never remember where it was located.  Fortunately, Donna knew.

Donna's daughter, Anne Avery is graduating from high school this year so I eagerly was told about all the activities that come out of a senior year.  We always have fun catching up from our last lunch in April.  so we had a lot to talk about.  Anne Avery is interested in design so she will attend the Southern Georgia University, which has a fine program of design.

The food was delicious.  I ate scallops while Donna ate tilapia.  Both were served vegetables all cooked together which tasted like New Orleans.  Delicious food and good company makes for a lovely event.  And Donna brought me home and made sure I was safely  inside the house.  Donna is a good neighbor.

No comments: