Sunday, May 7, 2023

May 6, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. The Lost Evening.

It was 10:45 and I was sitting beside the front door waiting for Chris, my Lyft driver, to pick me up to take me to brunch with Christina and the girls.  Chris is never late so in 5 minutes I texted him.  But he did not respond immediately so I called Christina.  Finally, Chris texted me back to tell me that he would pick me up at 10:45 am.  Then I looked carefully at my phone which said 11:00pm.  And Christina called to suggest that I have overslept my nap.  She was correct.

I missed all the clues.  It was pitch dark outside.  The 9:00 program I watch at breakfast, Aerial America, was not on the TV.  But I just went ahead getting ready for brunch.  I washed and dressed.  I took my morning medicine.  I ate yoghurt for breakfast.  And I waited for Chris.  And then I figured it out.

I always lay down for an hour in the afternoon which I did yesterday.  I fell asleep about 3:00.  And I stayed asleep.  When I finally woke up it was just a bit light and I thought it was morning so I went to the bathroom and went back to bed.  But I stayed awake which was unusual.  But I thought it was morning so stayed in bed until 8:30 when I began my morning routine.

When I finally realized what I had done, I went back to bed and slept .  Now I am going to eat my evening meal of last night and get dressed once again to begin my day.  I had lost my whole evening.  I am going to blame my new chemo, not my stupidity.

No comments: