Sunday, May 21, 2023

May 21, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Brunch Today.

 I knew this would happen and today it did.  My grandchildren have been very kind about coming for brunch with me every Sunday.  But as the girls get older, they get busier .  So today, Christina and I had brunch together, just the  two of us.  Both grandchildren living in Jackson were otherwise engaged so this morning neither of them were able to join me.

Mary Frances and two friends drove to Atlanta for the weekend.  A band they liked was playing a concert so obviously she was unable to join us.  And Molly is in the midst of final exams and she arranged to study with a friend this morning so she could not join us either.  Molly cares about her grades and works hard to prepare for her exams.  I certainly did not discourage her from  studying.  She has exams today and tomorrow so by Wednesday she will completed her 9th grade.   She is a good student and she wants to do well at school.  I applaud her efforts.  But I missed her today at brunch.

Christina and I decided to go to Manships restaurant, perhaps the best restaurant in Jackson.  We both ate salmon and it was good.  We had a good time, Christina and I, but we both missed the girls.  Next Sunday we should be together, I hope.  I miss those girls.

No comments: