Wednesday, May 3, 2023

May 3, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. My Glucose Levels.

 For the past two weeks, my glucose levels have been low.  107, 114, with a high of 134.  When I was in Mexico, my levels were between 135 and 175.  But when I returned to Mississippi, my levels started creeping up.  At first I decided that it was the stress of travel.  But it kept going up so I evaluated what I was eating here in Mississippi that I was not eating in Mexico.  Wendy did an excellent job of serving me only food that was good for me.  Here in Mississippi,  I was eating little oranges.  Christina got me a bag of those little tangerines and I was enjoying them.  Anna had cooked me stew to leave in the freezer.  That stew contained potatoes.  The oranges and potatoes were giving me trouble.  Portia  made a purist out of me and I ate no carbohydrates and no oranges.  Slowly my numbers went down.

Dr. Gregg, my Internist, does not want  my numbers going down any further  so I called her.  Now we have a plan.  I will check my levels every other day.  And we will stop the medicine to control my diabetes.  Wow.  This will be interesting.  If the chemo really was causing my glucose levels go up, my system should have shed that chemo from my body, so perhaps I have recovered.  We are going to find out soon.  This morning was my first day without my diabetes medication.  Tomorrow we will check my levels.  This is going to be interesting.

No comments: