Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May 31, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Small Troubles.

When I am by myself, small troubles give me big difficulties.   When small things go wrong in the mornings when Portia is here,  I just ask for help and what is the matter disappears.  But after Portia leaves at 1:00 or on the weekends when I am by myself, the small troubles in my life cause me stress.  The large issues in my life are under control but when those small troubles appear,  I have trouble.

On Saturday, I booked the flights for friend David N. when he will accompany me back to Mississippi.  I finished the bookings and was putting everything away.  I was sitting on the couch in the living room.  I typically put a pillow on my lap to use as a desk.  On top of that pillow was my credit card, which I used during the transaction.  On top of the credit card was my calendar.  When I put the calendar away, the credit card was not there.  So I searched.  My vision is terrible but I kept telling me that it was right there in front of me.  I 

searched.  I could not find it.  I knew that if Portia was there she would have found it immediately.  Finally, after 30 minutes, I found it.  Whew.

Then Friday evening, I dropped the remote for the TV.  The next time I used it, the remote would not work.  Grrrr.  I wanted to watch Anything Goees, on Masterpiece Theater.  But I remote would not work.  I felt sure I just needed to check the batteries but between my terrible vision and my lack of dexterity in my fingers I could not even open the battery case.  Fortunately, Chantes just walked in to tell me he was leaving for the day so he quickly opened the clicker, jiggled the batteries and it worked.  I would have never been able to open that remote.  It was a little thing.  But I was hopeless. 

No comments: