Tuesday, May 16, 2023

May 16, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Caterer.

 The little Restaurant who brought dinners last year has lost their cook so they are unable to cater meals when I have company.  And there is no one in town to cook for me.  Fortunately, I do not have large groups coming to visit so I have decided to just go out for dinner when I have house guests.  When I am alone, I will ask Anna to cook for me, something she did a few years ago when no one was able to travel.  Chris will be my first guest and I feel sure he will not mind driving us out to dinner.  I have decided that my solution will be fun.

We have used caterers for many years in Nova Scotia.  Once upon a time, there was actually a real caterer. He worked at our 50th anniversary in 2008.  But he was recruited away to Alberta as the executive chef inWaterton  National Park in Alberta.  And he has never returned to Liverpool.  But we have always found someone else to cook.  For two years we loved Chef Irene, who teaches at the Culinary School in Bridgewater.  The Texas girls loved her.  But she quit.

Then for several years we used different restaurants who delivered dinners to us.  But this year, no such luck.  I am on my own.  I might ask Anna if she would cook dinner if I have company.  I am thinking about it.  But at the moment, I am stuck without a caterer.  Should be interesting.

No comments: