Monday, May 15, 2023

May 15, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Hockey Playoffs.

And that is why they play the games.  Fortunately I do not gamble because I would have never have picked the four teams playing for their conference finals.  Not one of them.  Well, perhaps the Dallas Stars but none of the other three.  But the playoffs have been fun although all my tams lost.  Now as I have no favorites, I can just watch the games.  

At the begginning  of the playoffs, I thought for sure that Boston would go on to play for The Stanley Cup.  But they lost in the first round.  I was hoping that both Toronto and Edmonton would go deep into the playoffs.  But they both lost in the second round.  So now we have some new blood into the semifinals, which I like.  In the east, the Carolina Hurricanes will play the Florida Panthers.  That will be interesting games because they both play very fast.  And the players are skillful.

The Dallas Stars will play the Las Vegas Golden Nights for the western conference championship.    We will see very tough games.  I have no idea who will win but the games will be good.

I have no idea who will win the Stanley Cup but if I was betting, I would select Florida.  But no one asks me.  Instead, they just play the games and we watch.  Great fun watching these playoffs.  I am enjoying myself.  The next round begins on Thursday.

No comments: