Monday, May 8, 2023

May 8, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. The Best Made Plans.

Last Tuesday, Dr, Gregg and I decided to stop me taking  the diabetes medicine as my glucose level was so low at 105.  So I did.  On Friday when Portia checked my level it was 134, still OK.  But then on Friday my new chemotherapy arrived by courier so I started the regimen of 2 pills once a day, with food.  I elected to take the medicine with breakfast so I took the chemo every morning beginning with Friday.  I had Portia read the side effects for the chemo.  One that bothered me was that the chemo can make glucose levels rise.  

Portia does not work on the weekend so I did not have my glucose level checked until this morning.  And it was an OOPS.  My level was 275.  So I quickly started taking my old diabetes medicine.  And I called to tell Dr. Gregg what I had done.  Portia will check my level every day and hope they return to normal.  Our little experiment of trying to keep me off the metforin has ended.  It sounded like a good idea at the time.  But the timing was bad.  Now we will hope for the best that the diabetes medication will work this time.  Here we go again, back fighting glucose level.  Oh Bother.

No comments: