Monday, May 29, 2023

May 29, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Brunch and Tennis.

 I was puttering around this morning, until mid morning.  So instead of eating breakfast at the normal time, I ate mid morning, thus turning it into brunch.  And I remembered that the French Open was on the channel devoted to tennis so instead of reading while I ate breakfast,  turned on the TV and ate my ample breakfast and watched tennis.  And I enjoyed myself.  I sat by myself in solitary splendor and watched tennis while I drank my English Breakfast  tea.  And I kept watching until nap time.

I have been out of touch with the tennis world so I was pleased to watch players I know nothing about.  For instance, I had never seen the number 1 player until today.  He is good.  And his name is Alvarez.  Now I know and can recognize hime on sight.  I am not in love with watching clay court tennis. because the points go on too long.  But the clay at Poland Garros is quick so the points end more quickly.  I actually refused to watch Naldal play tennis on claw.  Each point went on and on.  But today the matches were good.   Good matches and I got to see new faces.  So my time at the French Open gave me great pleasure.  Memorial Day was pleasant.

No comments: