Thursday, May 18, 2023

May 18, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. The Wedding of Julia and Travis.

My friend Lisa has four children.  Her eldest is Julia who is a pretty girl and who just graduated College  last Saturday.  She graduated at the University of Mississippi, in the school of engineering.  Her now husband also graduated at Ol" Miss also in engineering.   They were friends in high school.  But it was not until College that they started dating.  Travis proposed 6 months ago and today they were married.  And the wedding was beautiful.

Actually, I have never attended any wedding that I did not think were beautiful.  It was held at an outside venue in Madison.  Fortunately it rained late in the afternoon which lowered the temperature to 70.  Up until the rain, Christina and I thought we would swelter at 89.  But we got lucky.  Being around all those young people i always find is a pleasure.  And most of my friends from Mississippi were there so I was able to talk to them all.

The service itself was lovely.  Hearing those vows again is always gives pleasure.  The rest of the wedding was efficient.  When we entered the large room for the reception, the buffet dinner was all set out as was the bar so the minute we entered the room, the guests could help themselves to dinner and a drink.  Shortly after that the bride and groom danced, as did the mothers.  There were two very short toasts.  And then they cut the cake.  By 8:00 we were free to go home.  Clever Christina drove me and picked me up at 5:00 for the 6:00 wedding.  Christina remembered that I wore the same dress at her wedding.  It was pretty back then and it was pretty today.  But I was surprised that she had such good recall.

The wedding was beautiful  Now I wish Julia and Travis  a long and happy marriage.  They have started out on a good path.

No comments: