Saturday, May 13, 2023

May 13, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Great Performance.

The show was wonderful, celebrating 50 years of Broadway.  1970 to 2020.  I got to see lots of dancing and singing, also tap dancing.  Such talent.  I loved the 90 minute show.  But what did surprise me was that many songs, all from Broadway shows, were unfamiliar to me.  And most of the performers too were not known to me.  I have really been out of touch with Broadway of recent years.

When I was watching all the talent on display in the show I thought about a friend of Mary Frances.  The friend was multitalented at high school.  Her grades were high as were her test scores.  She could sing.  She could dance.  And she could act.  So of course she was in all the school productions.  And she was a good friend of Mary Frances, my granddaughter.  Then the friend went to a collage with a major of entertainment and business.  And of course she was in all the University productions.  After graduating, she received a paid intern at The New Stage Theater in Jackson.  Now she will soon head to New York so she can try to test herself against the best.  

All the time when I was enjoying the Great Performance show, I kept thinking about Mary Frances's friend, trying to compete against the talents on display during the show.    Such talent.  Such energy.  Great Performance was impressive last evening on PBS.  I loved every minute.   

No comments: