Sunday, May 7, 2023

May 7, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. A Walk in the Neighborhood.

Once upon a time, not so long ago, I went for  walks in my neighborhood.  It was  a nice place to walk because there is very little traffic and the dogs must be on a leash.  And as every house is different, you can look at interesting houses.  When we first moved here in 2015, I used to tell Ken that no one really lives in those houses because I never saw anyone during my walks.   Nothing has changed except me.

Last week Portia and I went for a walk in the neighborhood.  This was the first walk for several  years.  Now I feel as I must someone accompanying me during my walk.  But Portia is willing so we will do it again.  My walking has been hampered, first by my achilles problem and them the wound on my foot.  And every time I start to increase my walking I get a redness on the old wound.  I see the wound doctor this coming Friday because my new skin has made a scab and it keeps getting red.  So I need to ask some questions.

When the old wound gets pink or red, the foot hurts.  We are now putting the bandage back on the foot to protect the new scab.  Whether or not I continue to walk in the neighborhood depends on what the wound doctor tells me.  I will soon find out how much I should be walking in my neighborhood.

No comments: