Friday, May 5, 2023

May 5, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. A Cuban Party.

Chantes is from Cuba, as is all his crew.  So he suggested to me that when all the outside spring cleaning has been completed, he and his crew would give me and my friends and family a Cuban party.  We would have it in the backyard, where all the decks and railing have been repaired and painted.  He already asked all his crew members and his family.  They all think it is a good idea.

Their plan is to cook only Cuban food, which they will cook at home.  And they will bring Cuban drinks.  I have no idea what that entails but I suspect it will be heavy with rice and beans and legumes with lots of vegetables and chicken.  We can not make a date until the front walk has been completed and as the bricks have not yet been pulled up, it may take a while.  Chantes and I have decided that Sunday would be the best, perhaps at 1:00.  The workers do not work on Sunday so it is easier.  And if we hold it at 1:00, the beverage of choice would be water, which makes life easier.

I have spoken to my family and some friends, and they think it is a grand idea.  I am not so sure I am up to hosting a backyard party, especially is Portia is unable to work.  But we will see.  I can not really carry stuff in and out of the house to the deck but Chantes tells me that his crew will look after everything.  A Cuban party would be fun.  But first the walk must be finished.  Then we can make a date.  It should be fun.

No comments: