Tuesday, May 9, 2023

May 9, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. My Brick Walk.

Normally, when you get out of the car, you walk along a brick path to get into the house.  But today it is not so easy.  You must go into the garage and along a walk into the kitchen door, because Chantes has pulled up all the bricks, right from the house up to the two steps , which is about half the way to the parking area.  For two days he has been using a jackhammer, which is noisy.  Then he removes the bricks and stacks them in the garage.   So it is a mess out front.  My Mother told me that you must upset the present in order to make the future better.  And that is what Chantes is doing.

This house was well built so Ken and I were surprised that a drain had not been installed in front.  But today Chantes found the drain, just to the left of the brick wall.  Many years before we bought this place,  the foliage had totally covered up the drain so much so that no water could ever get down.  Now he will extend that drain and connect it to the main drain going around the house.  Chantes lectured me about keeping the drain open.  "You must never allow anyone to plant close to the drain," said Chantes.    Now after fixing the drains, he will level the ground and then put down the old bricks.  So all will be well.

But in the meantime, I have a mess infront of my house.   Progress indeed.

No comments: