Thursday, May 25, 2023

May 25, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Summer 2023.

Summer 2023 is evolving nicely.  My Oncologist is not pleased that I am going.  But I am going.  I know at some point I will be unable to travel to Nova Scotia, but not yet.  I am going on June 24, accompanied by Chris, my Lyft driver.  He will spend two weeks in Nova Scotia before returning to Mississippi on July 7.  He will stay in the main house because he said he can not help me if he stays in the guest house.  This is a nice gesture because staying in the guest house is special.  But of course, he has not actually seen it yet.  So he will be the first guest.

Then Gloria and Gary are coming in July, along with Amanda and her three children who are 16, 14 and 13.  We will have a full house.  And we will have young people living in the house, which I love.  My friends Pat and Mal are hoping to come this summer.  And my friends who took the train with me last September are coming in early September.  My friend of many years, Carolyn DeWolfe will be coming near the end of September.  So I will enjoy the summer with my friends.

I am unable to find anyone to cater so we will find alternatives.  The bakery in town sells dinners that they cook and you take home, so we will use them a bit.  We will go out to the restaurants.  And I will ask Anna to do some cooking for me, which she did the year of Covid when no one could come.  So here we go, all ready for a summer in Nova Scotia.

No comments: