Monday, May 22, 2023

May 22, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. The Car in my Driveway.

 A small dark blue car has been sitting in my driveway.  It  has been there for over three weeks.  And I would like it to move.  The little old car is owned by my handyman, Chantes.  It broke down just as Chantes drove into the driveway.  It has been sitting there ever since.  But it clogs up the parking area and I would like it moved.  Cantes wants it moved too.

Today the mechanic was supposed to be here at %:00 to make the repairs.  I actually do not know if he appeared to do the job.  The first day after the car broke down we were told the same thing.  "I will be there tomorrow,' he said.  But he did not appear.  Chantes is beside himself.  The mechanic is a member of his church which makes life doubly difficult.  Chantes has called him so often that the mechanic stopped returning his call.  But today Chantes was told that the mechanic would be here for certain.  He had the part and he would be there.

I told Chantes that if the car is not gone by Friday I was going to hire a tow truck and have it taken to his house.    Tomorrow morning, when Portia arrives, she will tell me whether or not the mechanic ever appeared.  We will see very soon.

No comments: