Tuesday, May 23, 2023

May 23, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. My Glucose Level.

 Three weeks ago I started a new type of chemo therapy for my breast cancer.  One of the many side effects is the risk of elevated glucose.  Well, as you remember, last Fall, my glucose level went sky high when I began new chemo therapy so my Oncologist immediately stopped the chemo.  I went to Mexico with half the original chemo dose.  My glucose levels stayed acceptable but the half dose did nothing to the breast cancer.  My PET scan when I returned in March was terrible.

This time, Dr, Gregg my Geriatric Doctor is trying a new approach.  After three days of the new chemo this time my glucose level kept going up so Dr. Gregg had me take one more Mettformin at supper time along with the two in the morning.  That had no impact so next I was to take two in the evening.  That did not work either.  My glucose was still in the 300's.  This morning it was 356 which is not acceptable.  Now I take one more medication, once a day.  Dr. Gregg feels sure we can get this under control without stopping the chemo.  That chemo is specically designed for my breast cancer cell so Dr. Gregg does not want to tamper with it.

So once again, we are trying another experiment to try to keep my glucose level in control.  I hope it works.

No comments: