Thursday, May 4, 2023

May 4, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Chemotherapy.

Modern Medicine is astonishing.  Do not believe in the good old days.   Present days are better, especially in the world of medicine.  I had a liver biopsy.  We got the results quickly.  Breast cancer cells were in my liver, which we all assumed was the case.  But then the breast cancer cells went to a specialty lab to find out what specific cells were in the liver.  Recent research has determined that many different types of breast cancer cells exist in the body.  The Oncologist wanted to know the specific cell  so she could match the specific cell with the specific chemotherapy.

The Oncologist felt sure that I would need to receive infusion chemotherapy.  She said that there was only one oral chemo that will match with one specific cell, and she had only 3 matches in her whole career.  She assured me that was about one in a million that it would be me.  But she was wrong.  I will receive oral chemo, that will be delivered to me on Saturday.  So I will be able to take my chemo with me when I go to Nova Scotia.  No infusion chem for me in Nova Scotia.

Along with the oral chemo I must take a shot every two weeks.  But it is approved in Canada and I can obtain it in my local pharmacy.  Fortunately, nephew Norm will write me a prescription.  He will also write the prescription for the shot for my bones.  What would I do without Norm.  I call him Nifty Norm.

It is an amazing world.  Now we just need to know if the chemo will work.  But with a happy heart, good food and beautiful surroundings, success is on my side.   And besides, all my friends and family are cheering me on.  Pretty nice.

No comments: