Wednesday, May 24, 2023

May 24, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. My New Prescription and Chris.

 Dr. Gregg made a new plan yesterday.  Her nurse called me at 4:00 to tell me that a new prescription had been sent to the pharmacy and I could pick it up.  This is good news because our old plan was not working.  My problem is getting that prescription.  Portia had gone for the day and she was not working the next day.  My neighbor is away.  And I want that new medicine.  So I texted Chris.  He immediately agreed to pick it up at Walgreens and bring it to me, which he did.  So I took my first new pill.  I paid him for the prescription and gave him some money for his trip, which he declined.  But I pressed him to take it and he eventually did.  Fair is fair.

In addition, I invited him out for lunch for the next day.  So tooday we went to my favorite Greek seafood restaurant.  And we had fun.  I insisted that we use Lyft so he would be compensated for my ride.  The food was delicious as always.  He had actually not eaten there so he was pleased.  I appreciated his kindness yesterday so today I gave him a little thank you for him.  And we had a good time too.  Once again, I am fortunate with my friends. 

No comments: