Friday, May 26, 2023

May 26, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Good News.

Tina is going to cook dinners for me when I have company this summer.  I am thrilled.  Tina lives on Main Street down by the lighthouse.  She moved to Liverpool to retire from Toronto five years ago.  For many years she owned a catering company in Toronto and she is a good cook.  She also owned three small carryout gourmet stores.  And then she sold her businesses to live in Liverpool.  Tina is a good friend of my friends Larry and Jan who also lives on Main Street.  After a year to get settled, Tina started working part time, first at Hunt's Point Market and last year at at the Privateers Inn.  She is by far the most accomplished cook and caterer in Liverpool.

A Month ago, she e mailed me to tell that she could not help me with cooking.  I had asked Larry to ask Tina and that was her response.  But she has changed her mind.  Both Privateer Inn and White point want her to become the executive she.  But she is retired so does not wish to take on those tasks.  So yesterday I got an e mail from her offering me her assistance.  Actually, friend David N. has been working at her house fixing her fence and he asked her to considering helping me.  Today i e mailed her.  And we spoke on the phone.  It is all set.  Starting June 26, Tine will prepare dinner for me when I have company.  I am more than thrilled.  I am in hog heaven.

And, my glucose level came under 300 for the first time in three weeks.  267 this morning.  Whoopee.  The new meds are working.  All good news today. 

No comments: