Thursday, May 11, 2023

May 11, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. I Am Messy.

I splll stuff on my clothes.  I have done it all my life.   When I was a young child, my Mother learned to have me put on my Sunday clothes just before we left for church.  She would say that my older sister Carol, who was two and a half years older could get dressed before breakfast wearing her pretty Sunday dress and she would still be pristine in her clothes.  But not me.  I would have spilled on my dress or ripped it.  Fortunately, my Mother did not get cross with me.  But she always had me dress just before we left the house.

Funny how that has carried over.  Once at a wedding, I spilled salad dressing on the jacket of a lovely outfit.  I laughed and commented to my friends at the table that I probably will never get that oil out of that silk garment so I should throw it out.  Gill spoke out immediately and asked me to give her the dress.  So the next morning at breakfast I gave her the dress, which was made up a skirt, jacket, blouse and sash all in a lovely silk color.  It took her three attempts at the specialty cleaner but Gill still wears that elegant outfit on all her cruises.  All because I was messy.

For the last few years Ken spilled when eating which bothered him so he wore a bib.  He did not like to spill on his shirts.  I on the other hand, do not seem to be bothered when I spill on my blouse even though I spill all the time.  My vision is lousy so I can't even see the spots.  My solution is to always assume I have spilled so put my clothes in the laundry basket every time I take off my clothes.  I was messy as a child and I spill as an old lady.  I never seemed to be bothered.  But thank goodness for washing machines.

No comments: